Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Great Nephew Max and Gakie

When my great nephew, Max, was first leaning how to talk he'd call me Gakie because he couldn't get the Great Aunt Kimmy out. Way too many words. He's so stinkin' cute. Now that he's going into Kindergarten in September he calls me Aunt Kimmy most of the time but if I get him laughing he'll say, "Silly Gakie." My heart melts.

My niece-in-law came over with Max at Christmas time. The teacher in me instantly started thinking of a project to do with a 5 year old.  Decorate cookies! Of course.

After we were all on a complete sugar high...lol...he opened up his presents. Star Warz is his thing now. I spoiled him with a t-shirt, characters and a backpack which he'll use for his first day of Kindergarten this year. He's just grown up so fast.

I didn't do a video on this layout.



These papers are from a DCWV paper stack that I had in my stash. I think it was from the "All Boys" paper pack.

"Boys will be Boys" is from the Boys will be Boys Cricut cartridge (is that we still call them if they are on CDS?)

The star border is from Ribbons and Rosettes. There are 2 layers to this but I just used the top layer. I made 4 strips of 3 inches each long and 1 inch high.

The faux zipper is ribbon which I bought a while back. It's from the MultiCraft Imports.

I used my Selphy to print out the 2 x 4 phots and matted them with a dark blue card stock.

The arrow embellishments in the right top and bottom left corner are from My Minds Eye and the green dots on the top left photo and bottom right photo are from The Paper Studio.

I hand wrote the journal and cut it up so there were strips instead of it being one solid piece.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

<3Kim

2 comments:

  1. OMG Kim...What a Funtabulous LO....You definitely came up with lots of Outstanding Clever & Creative ideas I love it and your story share is hilarious...and precious what a way to preserve this special day and the memories that came with it. Thanks for sharing your Recipe too. I adore the way you scrap. The pic of you and Max is priceless would make for a great pic on a Tshirt!! Your LO is Spectacular.
    HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Layout! I am sooo behind on making them. Have a Great Day Gakie. Hee! Hee!
    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete