Saturday, November 5, 2016

Die Cut Machines

I'm always been one to hesitate jumping in and making a major purchase for a crafting tool ($300 is major to me) and every so often I test the thing and end up returning it.

The very first crafting tool I bought was the Sizzix die cut machine. You know the little blue one? It's still in my closet but in the days I used the heck out of it.
I then progressed to the Big Shot. I loved it and still use it for a quick die cut. It's especially handy when you want to cut out a frame for a photo. I have over 100 dies and embossing folders. Did I just say that out loud?
Then I bought the Cricut Personal. I literally used it so much that it stopped working. Along with that I bought over 100 Cricut cartridges. I still have the cartridges but never use them.
It was time to move on to something bigger. Yep I bought the Cricut Expression. I loved that you could use the cartridges AND the Cricut Craft Room software. I found a yellow one!
Drum roll.....I bought the Cricut Explore. This has been my Go To machine for over a year. I
n between the Expression and Explore my husband bought me the Silhouette Cameo. I loved it so much and almost felt guilty because I was always so devoted to the Explore. Then, the Silhouette broke.
I went a couple of years using just the Explore...I'm sounding spoiled here....and decided to take the plunge and try the Silhouette Cameo 2. I fell back in love. It cuts faster then the Explore and the Library is amazing.
The Cricut Design Space software is easier to use than the Silhouette yet there are features the Silhouette has that are very useful that CDS does not have....yet.
Then came my Brother. No, silly. Not my human brother...my Brother Scan and Cut 2. I've just
unboxed it and am trying out a few features. The one thing that has always held me back from using my stamps, the one's that I don't have dies for, is that you have to fussy cut them. It's a pain in the "you know whatta" especially if you're doing multiple cuts of something. My brother is now taking care of that for me. I've given you a sample of a Lawn Fawn stamp set with tiny little birds and a sentiment. I cut it without an outline and with an outline. I'm telling you it was the easiest stamp and cut I've ever done. There's much more this machine can do and does come with images itself. I'll play around with it more after I get back from my 35 year class reunion in Santa Barbara. Man, I'm going to miss my Brother....lol.


Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. HI Kim, what a fun article you are a Great writer you know how to tell a story.....I truly enjoyed the read and yep girls just wanna have fun and "little Miss Sunshine" you sure are!! I didn't know the BS&C cut out without the outline WOW!! Looking forward to lotsa posts & videos of what you create with your new toys!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete