Sunday, October 30, 2016

Scrapbooking at Home

8 years ago my friend, Catherine, introduced me to scrapbooking. I instantly caught on, buying up the craft stores finding ribbon, paper, adhesives, paper (did I already say that?) and some really great die cuts and electronic machines. Sound familiar?
I traveled from Northern to Southern California attending expos and scrapbooking retreats. I've met so many amazing men and women along the way. I was sad that our local scrapbooking place had closed and that the small craft stores are slowly fading away. When Craft Envy closed I thought, "Where are we going to go now?" Yes, we'll (all the ladies I crop with) will be doing home rotations later next year but I'm finding it to be a lot of fun just sitting here in my craft room doing page after page.
See, when I go "out" to crop I don't take ALL my stuff. When I'm here, at home, I have access to everything I've bought. So, now I can actually start using the things that are here collecting dust.
Do you go "out" to crop more often than stay home? Which do you like better?
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
Kim

4 comments:

  1. Cool post....and very interesting...I started scrapbooking 2004 so 12 years ago....I prefer to scrap at home yep NEED all goodies!! Your ladies doing a scrapping home rotation sound like fun!! I so agree to be home and scrap is so relaxing and a whole lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing more of your scrapped pages and hopefully more process videos as I love them and the way you scrap....it's fine to see how others scrap and share the inspiration that come with it!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get back to actually scrapbooking. I need to get organized :/ I've learned that I need to take Kits when I crop outside the home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always say I'm going to take a day to sit and put paper and embellishments together based on the pictures I'm scrapping then I get distracted with life and end up putting all the containers in my car. You've seen it...ha ha but long distance scrapping I don't bring as much.

      Delete
  3. I mostly scrapbook at home. I've only been to one retreat. It was fun... I missed having some of the supplies I'd left at home. The trade off for me was that while at the retreat I was more productive because I had no other responsibilities as distractions. So I think for me it's a trade off.

    ReplyDelete