Sunday, October 18, 2015

Crafting therapy and my mom

I'm back in my craft room getting therapy. It's been a month that I started taking care of my mom who's been in here sleeping on my sofa bed. I'm so blessed to have had her here and to be able to take care of her this whole time.

My mom has been the most wonderful mother a daughter could ask for. She always supported me in everything I did whether it be digging dirt holes in my back yard to sit in, buying me a lamb for my 4H project, teaching me how to cook, drying my tears from heart brakes, instilling that doing the right thing brings good consequences, marching along side of me when I was drill team captain, letting me move back in 3 times after I'd moved out, being by my side for the birth of both my son's, and losing two husbands to cancer. There's so much more.
Now, it is time for me to take care of her. She's in her new apartment down the street from me with minimal amount of furniture but all of her belongings will be here by the 24th. It saddens me that she is not happy right now. Even though the dementia is causing memory loss she's a strong woman and does not like to be "taken care of".

I pray that once all her familiar belongings arrive she will start to feel more settled in.
Big Hug to my momma.



Kim

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Kim, what a beautiful tribute to your mom bless her & your hearts. You & your mom will continue to be in my thoughts & prayers. you both are strong & beautiful women in thoughts, words & deeds!!

    Hugs all around!!

    ReplyDelete