Thursday, October 1, 2015

Catching up

My last blog I mentioned my mom was coming to town. So much has happened since the 10th of September. We celebrated her 78th birthday! It was fun. We then drove up to see my Grandma. She's doing great but we did notice her mind slipping a bit. All is good though with her general health. We (my older sister and I) had to talk to my mom about her declining memory issues. 2 years ago she was diagnosed with Advanced Age Related dimentia. My mom agreed that she needs to go back to the neurologist. She wanted to go home for a few days so I flew home with her to Nevada. At 5:30 a.m., the morning, on 9/21, the day we were flying back to my house,  I heard a tumb noise. I figured it was her neighbor and dozed back to sleep. I woke up an hour later to find her sitting on the couch with a big black eye. She told me she woke up and forgot where she was, ran smack into the wall and fell down.  At that time she didn't complain of anything hutung. Fast forward: She was diagnosed with dimentia, she has a fractured tailbone and a compression fracture in her back plus really high blood pressure....like ready to have a stroke or heart attack high.
We found out about the compression fracture because she was having a lot of pain and asked me to bring her to ER. She's going to be here for a while.
I'm sad about all this but am so blessed that she is here in California with me so I can take care of her. Her dimentia is moderate so she can still feed herself, bath, etc. but her memory just isn't quite there.
It's going to be a few very special years ahead of us.
Thanks for listening.
Hugs,
Kim

3 comments:

  1. Hate to hear about your Mom getting hurt and her health. My Mom will be turning 80 next month. Its hard to see them aging. My Grandma just turned 102 and is in fairly good health for her age. I will be saying a prayer for your Mom.
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kimberly, I am sorry to read of your mom's health issues. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I cannot begin to imagine the pain of watching a loved one slowly disappear. I know you will cherish your time with your mom in the days, months and years to come. God bless and watch over you all. Hugs Keia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kimberly, I am so sorry about your Mom. Your Mom and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete