Friday, September 4, 2015

Scrapbook Layout - Kyle's 20th

I came across this paper and chipboard embellishments as I was going through my boxes (and boxes) of crafting stuff in my garage. I knew I wanted to scrapbook Kyle's 20th birthday and thought this would be perfect.
This is My Mind's Eye paper.

On this page there is a 12 x 12 base with lots of numbers on it. I seemed to have covered most of it up. Then, I cut a strip (4" x 12") of the chevron and placed it on the left side with a bit of off white baker's twine wrapped around. The "20" is from the card I made him. I completely dissected the birthday card I made him for this layout. Over to the left are 3 bottle caps (Oriental Trading) that I put a 1" circle punch and the chipboard buttons that came in this kit. The "Party" was in the kits as well. I put seam binding through the slits.
Typically, I would put a journal tag on each photo but found this one in my stash and was able to write everything on it.


This is a close up of the "20" and seam binding I put in the slits of the "Party" chipboard word.


Now, I really dissected the card I made him for this layout. I cut the sentences in strips and placed them on the page. The journal tag was in my stash and I put the sentiment from us, his family, on it. 
The Friendship tag was in my stash as well. I found the chipboard "photo" word in the clearance bin at my local craft store. I inked it with Vintage photo distress ink then put glossy accents on top. The pin wheels came from the kit. I added the white in the back so they'd pop off the page a little bit more.



Thanks so much for stopping by!

<3Kim

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Kim...OMG Giirl you LO is Awesome. You so came up with so many outstanding and creative ideas and then ways to use all your fab embellishments. Great pics of your handsome dude...gosh 20 where does the time go?
    I enjoyed looking at your LO and your great receipe you really did find lots of great scrappin' goodies...I call it a treasure trove of everything...lots of things I've never seen before...you really REALLY did a super outstanding creative job....love how you used everything....I just love the way you scrap...you are so talented!! YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete