Thursday, September 3, 2015

Just-A-Scrappin design team weekly challenge - Labor Day

Thank you for joining me for the Just-A-Scrappin design team weekly challenge. This week the challenge is Labor Day. Now, this is a holiday that most people don't quite know what it's all about. You see the same colors as 4th of July and Memorial Day. So, what is it all about and why do we get a day off from work?

"Originally, Labor Day was used not only as a day to celebrate the worker but as a time to put forth objections and to strategize how to address injustices against workers. Labor Day celebrations began with street parades, concerts and picnics to honor workers. Over time, Labor Day morphed into a day free of work and filled with festivities that include speeches, displays, sporting events and public activities." Quote from www.getsmarter.com. I'm sure there's more info than this.

Now for the card.....


To stay in tradition with the Red, White and Blue colors I made this card using copic markers (B24, B26, YG93, YG67, Y38, Y18, R35 and R46), copic paper that I bought through Simon Says Stamps, my new Stampin Up "Corner Garden" stamp and a sentiment from the "Circle of Spring stamp" and dies that I bought from Janis Lewis http://pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com/
The white card base is 110 pound Recollections. I added a layer of red from American Crafts then the copic paper. 
I felt like it needed just a little bit more so I used my Wink a Stella clean pen on several of the pedals and Ranger white opal liquid pearls.

Note: I did a video but due to unforeseen circumstances it turned out really awful...lol...dogs, kids, etc.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

<3Kim

5 comments:

  1. OMG Kim your card is absolutely Gorgeous!! You so did one outstanding coloring job...WOW they look so real like I could reach out and pick one!! It's not just a card it's a Gorgeous work of art worth of being placed on an easel or in a frame. Lucky person who receives it...as it will so make their day!! LOL about your video because DARN I would've loved to have watched you create it!!

    YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim forgot to say too that I enjoyed your Labor Day info that you included in your blog post that was made for a great read and was extremely interesting. Again, YOU ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply beautiful...love your gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card, Kim! Beautiful composition and coloring! The video would have been a hoot to see anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Kimberly. Love how the flower bouquet is off centered. Nice touch with the pearls and Wink of Stella. Thank you for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete