Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Cardz TV Gallery Design Team - September 2015

I'm just loving the new "Basic Borders" stamp set! I used the zig zag stitch for this card. I've also used the "Thankful for You" stamp set for the sentiment.

Go check out all the stamp sets on: http://cardztvstamps.blogspot.com/


There are a couple of techniques that I wanted to share with you. I used a score board to make a subtle border around the edges of the card. For the border stamp I used a progressive inking where I used the Momento pens first coloring a third of the stamp with "peanut brittle", the middle with "bamboo leaves" and last the "espresso truffle".
I stamped the border directly on the card but stamped the leaves on the gold paper. This way, you can see the gold color through the leaves. I then fussy cut all of them. 

Materials used:
Card base: Recollections (A2)
Leaf paper: Recollections
Cardz TV Stamp sets: Basic Borders and Thankful for You
Other stamp set: Cloud 9 Design Leaves
Momento pen ink colors: peanut brittle, bamboo leaves, espresso truffle, sweet plum.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

<3Kim

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Kim....WOW What a gorgeous card!! I was so wondering how you achieved that look of your leaves read your recipe and still am in awe of the way the look...so real!! Yep looks like you used dried leaves from the yard. Girl you sure did one outstanding coloring job!! Sure would've loved to watch you do this. You are so talented and definitely your card is a work of art and deserves to be displayed.....WOW!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, thank you! I did a video on it but just can't get my desk top to work so I can edit it. Ugh....<3Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fall card...I am in love with your beautiful leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kim!! Love those leaves. They look so real. And the colors are fabulous!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete