Thursday, August 20, 2015

Just-A-Scrappin Design Team Weekly Challenge - Glitter and Shimmer

The one thing I like about being on the Just-A-Scrappin design team  www.just-a-scrappin.blogspot.com is that the challenges give you the opportunity to use techniques that you may not have done for a while. Here's a perfect example.

Don't forget to click on the Just-A-Scrappin link above and check out all the amazing projects the design team has done.


Here's how I did it....
The Shimmer Paper is from Crafter's companion. http://crafterscompanion.com
I chose the pink for the card base, the yellow for the flowers and green for the leaves.
I put a touch of Martha Stewart glitter (peridot) to highlight a few of the leaves.
My eBosser machine needed some dusting off. I love that I can use the 8 1/2 x 11 embossing folders. 

Here's the link to my YouTube Channel so you can watch how I made it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_xPFjfrhoQ

Thanks so much for stopping by!

<3Kim

8 comments:

  1. Girl your card is Gorgeous!! Loved seeing it up close great photo by the way as I know it's hard to capture shimmer in a photo....Love your layering, embossing folder and glitter definitely a perfect outstanding creative job!! YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it is hard to capture the shimmer on video as well as a photo. Thanks Joan! <3Kim

      Delete
  2. Simply gorgeous...love your beautiful embossing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the embossing look but don't use it often enough. <3Kim

      Delete
  3. Beautiful embossing! The colors are simply stunning together! Love that shimmer paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came across that paper in my stash. Isn't it so pretty! <3Kim

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card, Kimberly. I love the deep etching from the embossing and the color palette. And did you write that you have embossing folders measuring 8 1/2 x 11? I did not know they existed! Where have I been??? Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Go on to amazon and look at eBosser. There are all kinds of them. I'm selling my eBosser machine if you're interested. $150 with a folder and plates but it would cost an arm and a leg to ship. It's about 25 pounds.

      Delete