Sunday, June 7, 2015

Moving Card Set

A very good friend of mine is moving out of California <tears> but I'm happy for her and her kids. They are very excited about this new adventure in life.

I made her 6 of these cards that she can use for thank you's or letting people know what her new address is.

I didn't end up doing a video on this but here's what I used to make it:

Card Base: 110 lb Recollections white card stock (A2)
Stamp Set: Doodlebug/Hampton Art
Distress Inks and Pens: Broken China, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, Gathered Twigs, Spiced Marmelade.

I stamped the clouds from on Ikadinkadoo masking paper and cut them out. I placed them on the sky area and used the Broken China to make the sky. I then removed the clouds and got the white cloud affect.
The houses, sun and tree were stamped on 110 lb cardstock then colored with the distress inks. I then cut them out by hand. I added Recollections foam dots on the back of the houses and sun but glued the tree flat down.
I used the Peeled Paint and a distress tool to color in the grass.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

<3Kim

4 comments:

  1. OMG Kim & WOW WOW WOW!! Your moving card is Beautiful and adorable. WOW *again* you totally outdid yourself..OMG I couldn't believe when I read that these were not Cricut images....You sure did one outstanding and amazing stamping, coloring and fussy cutting jobs! WOW!
    Love without a doubt your sky it turned out so beautiful and your houses also your tree & grass with all the shading and depth you achieved I'm truly in awe. You definitely created the cutest little piece of artwork and you did this 6 times geeze she's so going to want to keep one for herself better make another *LOL *, This was so sweet of you to do for her what a beautiful heartfelt gift! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were fun to do because other than the stamps I got to use my own creativity. My friend really liked them too. <3kim

      Delete
  2. Hi Kim, I haven't visited you for a good while. Thought I would come by and see what you have been up to. I am loving your Moving Card. That was so thoughtful of you to make your friend those for her to use. I'm sure she loved them. I really had a good time seeing some of your latest creations. Happy Day to you!
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Well, I've been busy craftin' that's for sure. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete