Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day

My husband is really hard to buy gifts for. So, I like to do things that make him feel appreciated. He works very hard for his family. Here are a couple of things I made for him.

This is a card that Kyle and Jordan will be signing. Kyle spent the night at a friends house in Westwood so he'll be home this afternoon and Jordan is still "counting z's"...sleeping.

I posted this on the Cricuteers blog www.cricuteers.blogspot.com with all the cartridge info, etc.



 
 
I cut this sign from the Happy Father's Day Cricut cartridge. I measured it out as big as it would fit the mat.. 10.5 x 11 then added a back behind it to make it stand up. The back comes from Happy Hauntings and I used the Halloween Frame. I deleted all the parts except for the piece that holds
up the sign.
I've placed it on our kitchen table right where he sits and eats. This morning we'll make him his favorite breakfast. French crepes, scrambled (lightly) eggs and pure maple syrup. 


 
 
 
This is not a typical card. It's a single layer design. The cup is from Summer Celebrations Cricut cartridge. The original cup says "Happy Father's Day". In the CDS, I ungrouped the images and took off the wording then added my own. I grouped it back together, used my Cricut pen to do the writing and there you have a custom card. I wrote on the back of it using a white gel pen.
 


 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
<3Kim

4 comments:

  1. OMG Kim you really came up with awesome clever and creative ideas for making your Hubby's Fathers Day and extra special. Love the card from the boys it's totally cool and your Kuppa Kuppa card is totally perkfect!! Love your faux stitching on the card along with his sign and what a great breakfast definitely fit for a King. YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just catching up, Joan. Thank you for the sweet comments. <3Kim

      Delete
  2. Hi Kim, You did an Awesome Job with your Fathers Day Creations. I'm sure your Husband Loved them. I always make my Dad a Father's Day Card but he passed away this past December. So this Father's Day was a sad one for me. Thanks for Sharing and Happy Day to you.
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. He did like them! I'm sorry about your dad. My dad passed away in 1977. I was very young. I do visit his grave site though. It's peaceful there. <3Kim

      Delete