Saturday, January 31, 2015

Home Sweet Home and February Plans

I feel as if I haven't sat in front of my computer and/or in my craft room for years! If feels nice <smiling>.

It's been a long, busy and productive week taking care of family business and throwing in a quick 2 night/3 day Santa Barbara camp trip with the hubby.

Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday! I grew up watching football with my dad. His favorite team was the Rams. So, even tho' I'll be cheering on the Seattle Seahawks on the couch by myself it'll still be fun. Kyle and Jordan don't like to watch football, although Jordan did try playing for a year, and my husband will probably join me about the 4 th quarter. Go SEAHAWKS!

Crafting plans for February:

Valentine's Day Card and Crafts Series (tentative) February 2-6. I say tentative because as of today I do not have a full (personal) calendar but you never know what is going to happen.
I have plenty of cards left over from the store I sold in but want to make a few more to add to my Senior Center donation. I haven't really been able to come up with any ideas for Crafts...Home Decor...because I've been out of my craft room for so long. Who knows?

All Day Scrapbooking: I've signed up for a 8:00 a.m. - midnight crop on 2/21. I love doing these crops. I get so much done plus they give away prizes, have raffles, etc. AND it's a good excuse to eat chocolate....tee hee....

Design Teams
Just-A-Scrappin Design Team Challenges this month are:
Feb. 5 - Hearts
Feb. 12 - buttons and bows
Feb. 19 - brown and pink
Feb. 26 - use lace

Cardz TV Cards Design Team Challenges this month are:
Feb. 13 - Create a card using ribbon
Feb. 26 - Create a card using clovers and shamrocks

Senior Center Activity: I'm designing, per the seniors' request, a St. Patrick's Day Wreath. The class in on February 18. I'll do a video showing the sample then take a picture of us all and our finished creations to post on this blog.

Mom comes to visit: Feb. 26-29. Now that my grandma is in a skilled nursing home my mom wants to try and come out every month for 3-4 days to visit her. It's a 4 hour drive round trip so we'll stay a couple of nights.

I am blessed to have such a wonderful family and amazing friends.

<3Kim

2 comments:

  1. WOW Lots going on for sure.....Well one thing about not being in your craft room for a bit everything will look fresh and new and I'll bet the creative ideas will rush in like crazy.
    so have fun kick back relax and enjoy the ride.

    Have fun today at your 1 gal Super Bowl Party (LOL) have your son make you one of his famous pizzas.

    Hope you have lots of fun things coming up.

    Enjoy it all plus the rides with your mom will be fun too.

    Hugs,
    Joan Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Joan! I'm putting things away that I worked on before I left and am getting all kinds of ideas just by looking at my scraps. Hugs.

      Delete