Friday, October 31, 2014

Boutique Time

If you're a crafter that sells your creations you know that this is the busiest time of the year. You've prepared for months making your creations, having a great time and feeling very inspired. The time has come to pack up all your creations and are excited about selling them. You've enjoyed working so hard.

It's a lot of hard work with setting up and taking down. I don't want to discourage anyone from doing this. I had a wonderful time hanging out with my boutique buddy Cynthia (she sells Scentsy candles) and seeing friends I hadn't seen for years. There was one vendor who's set up was huge. She made wreaths, christmas trees, etc. using mostly burlap. Beautiful stuff. She sold one.

Sadly, I decided last night that I won't be able to participate in boutiques anymore. My health isn't all that great (no sympathy please). I thought I could do it. Last night I got home and had to put an ice pack on my back, soak my feet in epsom salt and take 400 mgs of Advil. I can still create and that's what matters. So, scrapbooking, multi media and card making can still be done but I just won't be able to participate in the boutiques.

Here is my display at the boutique I participated in last night. Now, I have to say, although I did enjoy making all this, it was a bit of a disappointed as to how much I sold. The parents (it was at an elementary school) all had great compliments but just a few actually bought anything.

To the left were Christmas cards, coordinating gift bags and note cards, scrapbook mini albums, then Trick or Treat Party favors and Thanksgiving cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Kim

3 comments:

  1. Your spread was wonderful at the boutiques Kim, well done! I'm sure they will miss your wonderful creations but you can keep on crafting at home : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsey! Yes, I'll keep on crafting. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kim, Gosh your table looked so fabulous and am so sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well and gosh darn it....can't believe your awesome goodies didn't sell...so guess you're ahead of the game now for Christmas Gifts right???? Just take good care and know that I always look forward to your videos as well as your multitude of fans....YOU so ROCK!!.

    ReplyDelete