Friday, September 5, 2014

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #226 - Kids Theme

Going back to school, for our little ones, can be exciting but also a bit overwhelming. If they walk into their new classroom with a little treat box filled with yummy candy the first day might not be so bad.
Here's what I made for my teacher friend for her 2nd grade students. She gave me a list of her students so I cut out their names and made it personal.



Here's how I made it:
Base: White Colorbok (Walmart)
Bus paper: Recollections
Name: Calligraphy Cricut cartridge
Lunch box: Tags Bags Boxes and More 2

Just a couple of notes: The Recollections school bus paper was not thick enough so I cut the shape out in white paper for the inside and glued the school bus paper on top. 
I used fit to page and was able to cut out 2 shapes on one mat.
I welded the words together.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles,

Kimberly

9 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful gift for new students-this project is as cute as it can be! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could picture them on the desks. Kate put candy in them but small pencils, erasers and stuff like that would work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute project! LOVE the bus paper you used! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at FCCB this week!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a pleasure sharing with the FCCB gang.
      <3Kim

      Delete
  4. Super cute idea, I like the pattern paper you used!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recollections does make cute paper. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I love my Cricut (Personal, Expression and Explore) but not more than ice cream...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! love the fantastic bus box, TFS with us at FCCB!
    Have a wonderful day Kim!

    ReplyDelete