Sunday, August 10, 2014

Back To School - Gift Box Back Pack

I finished up the 35 Back Pack Gift Boxes for my friend, Kate. She really liked them!
There were a couple of things on this project that I struggled with. One was how to close the top. As you can see by the picture I ended up using twine. I had to punch two holes in the pocket of the backpack, string the twine through then tie it in a bow. This isn't going to be easy for the 4th graders to open and close but I just couldn't think of anything else to do. The second thing was how to keep the pocket closed. I put the Welcome Back on it with foam tape so all they need to do is just untuck it.
I didn't take a picture of the back but I'll explain what I did. I cut 2 each of 1/2 inch strips of black paper and adhered them on so they looked like straps.
In the end I think they turned out cute.


Here's how I made it:



Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Kimberly

1 comment:

  1. OH Kim I think your gift box back pack turned out super cute too!! They will be such a sweet surprise for all the students. Gosh what an awesome 1st day they all will have. You really did do one super duper outstanding job!!
    Thanks so much for sharing I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete