Thursday, April 3, 2014

Just-A-Scrappin Design Team - Create with a vintage theme

This week our challenge for Just-A-Scrappin Design team (www.just-a-scrappin.blogspot.com) was to create something vintage. I'm either doing cards, scrapbooking, mini albums, well...paper crafting type stuff. This time I did a bit of a mixed media/vintage placard for Mother's Day.

Here's how I did it:
I bought the placard at Michael's. It was original white. I put a coat of brown acrylic paint first.
Using Mod Podge I placed torn pieces of music themed paper and let it dry. I then put a coat of Medium Varnish and waited for it to dry. I inked up the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and Peeled paint distress ink. I then put the embellishments on. The yellow flower, it's leaves and pins came from Remember When Scrapbooking (my local "x" scrapbooking store). I used seam binding for the brown accent ribbon. The metal embellishment is from Memory Makers. The vellum "Happy Mother's Day" came from Quick Quotes.

I absolutely love doing projects like this.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

<3Kimberly

4 comments:

  1. that's just fabulous Kim I love it, such a work of art

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darn gorgeous-love all the elements you used on this, especially the sentiment. I really like the brown & yellow color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mixed media project, Kimberly. I love how all the pieces came together: the sheet music, shabby flower, and embellishment. Thank you for the inspiration =)

    ReplyDelete