Thursday, February 27, 2014

Just-A-Scrappin Design Team Weekly Challenge - Make a Tag

March is just a few days away and I am getting in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day. Here is a tag I made for the Just-A-Scrappin Design team weekly challenge. Luck O' the Irish!

Here's how I made it:
Tag: CTMH Artist Cricut cartridge. I used the Cricut Craft Room and cut it at 6 x 3 1/2.
Clover paper layer: Recollections Four Leaf Clover paper at 5 3/4 x 3 1/4 and layered it on top. On the edges of the tag, I laid down 1/8 inch scored tape and covered it with gold Martha Stewart glitter.
Lucky Day: Designer's Calendar cut two times. Once in yellow and then in green. I just used the green for the clover. I drew around the lettering with a black fine tip sharpy.
Clovers: Designer's Calendar Cricut Cartridge.First, I cut the clovers on regular cardstock then traced them onto the DCWV corrugated paper. They are cut at 2, 1 1/2 and 1. I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Black Soot distress ink. I then placed a gold faux pearl in the middle of each one.
Ribbon: I added a piece of green Ofray ribbon and tied a gold bow for more accent.

Thanks all for stopping by!

<3Kimberly

5 comments:

  1. Your St. Patty's Day tag is so cute I love it and it's so cool that you used your Cricut to cut everything love the look of it great creative job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I <3 my Cricut. Thanks for your nice comment. <3Kimberly

      Delete
  2. Loved your Irish tag very festive The cricut sure helps with all the cutting :-) TFS
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annmarie! St. Patrick's Day is a fun holiday for crafting.

      Delete
  3. Lovely tag, Kimberly. I like how you are already thinking ahead.

    ReplyDelete