Thursday, January 9, 2014

Valentine's Day Cards and Projects #8 - Quill you be mine (Paper Smooches Design Team Call)

Papers Smooches (www.papersmooches.blogspot.com) has the most adorable stamps and how convenient that you can buy the die cuts that coordinate with them. They have put out a design team call which I thought, "Gosh, I'm up for the challenge." I had actually bought the "Love-Struck" stamp set a few days ago (and by the way I got it the next day) so I've made this card for the design team call and for the series I'm doing.
If you like to see how I've made this card visit www.youtube.com/sunshinecreation.

This will be my last blog entry until Monday. It's been a great week doing the Valentine's Cards and Projects Series Marathon. I've got a fun weekend planned with friends and family. So, see you all next week.



Here's how I created this:
Card Base: Recollections 5 1/2 x 4
Layer 1: Cream colored card stock cut slightly smaller than the case base.
Layer 2: Recollections 6 x 6 paper stack "Love". Cut slightly smaller than the layer 1. This layer has pop ups in the back to lift it a bit.
Punch: 2 1/2 inch EK Success circle punch.
Stamps: Paper Smooches "Love Struck". I used Copic markers to color the cute little Cupid and hand cut him out. On the inside I stamped the word Valentine on both the card and a piece of masking strip. I cut the word Valentine out toward the last few letters, placed it on the stamped word then stamped the target and lifted the mask up. I cut a strip of 3 x 3/4 and stamped "Quill You Be Mine." Using my mini score board and stylus I made an embossed edge around the words.
Quilling: I used The Paper Company paper strips to quill shape the hearts. I added each of them to a layer of cream card stock to give them more dimension.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a sun shiny day!

Kimberly





1 comment:

  1. OMG your card is so stinkin' ca-ute!!
    You just keep out doing yourself girl and I'm sooo lovin' it. All of your ideas here are amazing I really love your stamp and the quilled hearts just everything. You're having a craftin' blast and I'm so glad I'm getting to be a part of it all SOOOO much fun.

    ReplyDelete