Saturday, January 25, 2014

Techy Thursday - Make A Stencil

Hi and welcome to the Daily Motivational Project. Today is Techy Thursday. Now, there's only a portion of this video that is "techy" and that is how to create a design, using the Silhouette Cameo, that will then be a stencil. Here are a few photos of the process. To see how it was all put together go to www.youtube.com/sunshinecreation.



Just to test out the design, I first cut it out on black card stock. 


Then I cut it out on the stencil paper/plastic. 


Here's how it turned out. I used Tim Holtz distrees ink (orange marmalade, concord grape and yellow mustard). The result using a blending tool was that the colors were light. I then tried the finger dobber and was able to get the color a little brighter plus I was able to get into the nooks and crannies. I wanted to see what it would look like if I used the distress pen (yellow mustard) and colored it in. All in all, I liked the result and am looking forward to making more of my own designs of stencils.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a sun shiny day!

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment