Monday, January 13, 2014

Mixed Media Monday - Valentine's Day Cards and Projects Series #9 (ICWIC)

Whew! The title is a mouthful, right. Well, I'm killing 3 birds with one stone (that saying always makes me sad cause I'm a huge animal lover). This project is the first of the Daily Motivation Project, #9 of the Valentine's Day Cards and Projects Series and my Google + ICWIC (mixed media and art journaling).

I'm still a little out of my comfort zone with mixed media but am having a blast trying it. I wasn't able to finish the full project on video www.youtube.com/sunshinecreation. Here is a picture of the finished project.


Here's what I added:
~A piece of Colorbok black (torn) card stock with the letters L O V E (down in the bottom right corner) from www.mylittleshoebox.com.
~A spritz of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Spray- Red Nose Reindeer
~An additional layer of textured hearts (down in the bottom left corner) using spackle.

Here's what I used to create it:
5 x 7 frameless Art District canvas
Liquitex Matte Medium
Mod Podge
Liquitex Acrylic Paint (light portrait pin, mars black, medium magenta)
Bubble Wrap
Recollections Script stamp
Recollections White Paper
Vellum paper
Ranger Archival Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Ink (black soot and fired brick)
DAP Fast n Final Light Weight Spackle
Tattered Angels Red Nose Reindeer
Art Minds Stencil

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a sun shiny day.

Kimberly

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Love the heart with the key hole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came out awesome!!! Love the texture!!

    ReplyDelete