Thursday, January 23, 2014

Just-A-Scrappin Design Team Challenge - Anything Goes Using Layers

You can layer paper, ribbon, almost anything! For this card, I layered paper and ribbon AND used my new Janome Sew Mini. It's the first time I've used it so I wasn't really sure what setting to put it on. Next time, I'm going to do a bigger stitch. I created this card on www.youtube.com/sunshinecreation. At first, I had decided not to do the additional stick on the brown lace but went back and did it anyway. I like where I stitched it but am definitely changing the stitch design next time.


Here's what I used to create it:
Card Base: Recollections craft card stock (5 1/2 x 4)
Brown Layer: From my stash
Yellow Layer: From my stash
Brown Lace: From Beverly's
White Lace: From JoAnns
Sentiment: "Amazing" is a die cut off my Silhouette Cameo. I cut it out once in white and once in yellow.

Thanks "sew" much for stopping by (no pun intended..lol). Have a sun shiny day!

Kimberly

3 comments:

  1. TFS I loved your card the colors go so well together the video was great to
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, we don't see too many card like this that's just great for a man/boy. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the color combination and the use of lace for texture.

    ReplyDelete