Thursday, January 9, 2014

Just-A-Scrappin Design Team Challenge and Valentine's Day Card and Project Series #3 - Be Mine

I decided to go through all my Cricut cartridges, from A to Z, to find Valentine's Day themed images and/or die cuts. Well, I got as far as the CTMH Artist and stopped. This cartridge has cards, cupcake wrappers, treat boxes and more! So, to start I've made this little box. Now as I mentioned it is also what I'm submitting this for the Just-A-Scrappin www.just-a-scrappin.blogspot.com design team challenge this week (anything goes using Chevron).

You may notice that the box looks slightly different than the finished product on my video www.youtube.com/sunshinecreation. I didn't like how the bow turned out so I went ahead and tied it on the bow maker, pulled the tails through the back loosely knotted it. I also cut a new piece of Chevron for the very front panel since that one was cut too small and glued on crooked.

Here are the details ~
Cricut cartridge: CTMH Artiste. This box was cut at 5 1/4 (fit to page) using smooth white card stock.
Chevron paper: was from a paper pad (probably Recollections). I cut each panel to fit the
      front, sides and back of the box. Some adjustments may need to be made..front = 3 1/2 w x 3 h,    
      side(s)= 1 1/2 x 3 h and the back = 3 1/2 w x 4 h.
Sentiment: CTHM Artiste. I cut it out on shiny, smooth card stock at 1 1/2 inches.
Heart: CTHM Artiste. 2 1/4 "shadow" and 2 in. white.
Button: Recollections
Strip at the top: Martha Stewart punch 3 1/2" long.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a sun shiny day.

Kimberly

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Amy. There are just so many treat boxes available out there. It was tough to decided.

      Delete
  2. Kimberly, I have been away for a while and was delighted that my first day back was to see this delightful valentine gift box. I love to see others ideas because it sparks ideas for me. Thank you for taking the time. Hope you have a creative day.
    Marye Bird
    passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim I loved your sweet treat box it's so adorable love the videos to great inspiration
    Hugs
    Annmarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, Like the pink sweet treat box. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the chevrons, and the color combo is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great treat box, Kimberly. I will definitely have to take another look at that cartridge for this great project. Love the patterned paper, too!

    ReplyDelete