Wednesday, January 8, 2014

ICWIC Mixed Media Tag #1 - Be My Valentine

Here I am venturing out a bit from card making and scrapbooking. I was invited to join a blog "ICWIC" which is all about mixed media and art journaling. I am a huge fan of mixed media and have dabbled in it a bit myself. I do have a lot to learn and will be inspired by the other artists on this blog.

Here's what I've created for my first project. If you'd like to see how I did it visit www.youtube.com/sunshinecreation


Here's how I did it:
Tag: Inksentials 6 1/4 x 3.
Step 1: Heat embossed "Be My Valentine".
Step 2: Embossed it with Cuttblebug's heart folder.
Step 3: Using Heidi Swaps stencil I applied Gesso.
Step 4: Heat dried the Gesso then distressed with Tim Holtz tea bag, red brick and spun sugar.
Step 4: Used the Heart Spellbinders die cut to cut out the adhesive backed cork shaped hearts. Distressed inked the edges with Tim Holtz Red Brick distress ink.
Step 5: Applied the metal photo corners, heart lock and key with 450 adhevise glue
Step 6: Added two buttons
Step 7: Placed a Pink heart pin through the largest heart
Step 8: Sprayed the entire tag with Rudolph Red Nose Tattered Angels spray.

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a sun shiny day.

Kimberly

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful tag! In the video, you call it "Amateur Hour," but it looks every bit as nice as tags Tim makes! I love it!

    ReplyDelete