Thursday, October 10, 2013

Just A Scrapppin Design Team Weekly Challenge - Create Something Vintage (anything goes)

Hi all you crafters. For the design team challenge this week we are to create something vintage (anything goes). Well, I think this is as vintage as I know how to do. I've been really enjoying creating altered boxes. This one here will be for sale at my son's high school's fundraiser. 





Box
I bought this mini chest of drawers at JoAnns. It's made of raw pine.
It should have put primer on it first so that the acrylic paint didn't soak in. I just ended up putting on a few coats of Craftsmart brown acrylic paint.
You want to paint the entire box first. Let it dry for a good 2 hours then you can add your paper.
Paper:
I used My Mind's Eye and inked all the edges with Tim Holtz tea die distress ink.
Each box is made slightly different but here are the genera measurements.
   Top: 5 1/2 x 3 1/2
   Sides: 7 x 3 1/4
   Back: 6 1/2 x 4 3/4
   Bottom Strip: (front & back) 5 3/4 x 3/4
                         (sides) 3 3/4 x 3/4 
   Drawers: (inside) 4 1/4 x 2 1/4
                  (front) 4 3/4 x 2. You'll need to make a hole where the knob is.
                  I used by Spellbinders scallop die.
Embellishments:
   Flowers ~ Leeza Gibbons, Prima and one from my stash.
   Bling ~ Recollections

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a sunshiny day!
Hugs,
Kimberly

1 comment: