Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Altered Box - Butterflies

Hey crafters! I uploaded a couple youtube videos youtube.com/sunshinecreation showing how I created this box (altered box tutorial - part 1 and altered box tutorial - part 2). I went over my time on part 2 so I decided to post pictures.
In the video I mentioned needing ideas on adding a vine affect. I ended up using my Viva Pearl Pens. So, here are the pics.





Box: 
I bought this mini chest of drawers at JoAnns. It's made of raw pine.
First, I put Zinsser primer on it. It's messy so wear gloves and spray it outside. Putting this on prevents the paint from soaking into the wood.
Paint:
Paint the box before adhering the paper. Let it sit for a good 2 hours. I used Artist's Loft "parchment" acrylic paint. 
Paper:
I used My Mind's Eye and inked the edges with Tim Holtz spiced marmalade. Here are the measurements. Keep in mind that each box is manufactured differently so you may need to alter your cuts.
Top: 5 1/2 x 3 1/2
Sides: 7 x 3 1/4
Back: 6 1/2 x 4 3/4
Bottom: front and back ~ 5 3/4 x 3/4
             sides ~ 3 1/4 x 3/4
Inside Drawer: 4 1/4 x 2 1/4
Front of Drawer: 4 3/4 x 2
Flowers and Misc:
The flowers are Michaels brand. The blue one is Petaloo. I used Viva Pearl drops for the vine. For the leaves I used a Spellbinders die cut. The butterflies are Michaels brand. 
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a sunshiny day!
Hugs,
Kimberly


2 comments:

  1. Kim your boxes turned out so beautiful you definitely truly know how to do all and you know even with your craftin' bumps along the way you always figure out how to fix it and love how you share it all. I truly, as you know, enjoy your you tube videos. You are really an awesome crafter and fun to spend time with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, you are just such a genuinely nice person. Thanks for being a follower on my blog.

      Delete