Thursday, September 19, 2013

Just-A-Scrappin Weekly Design Team Challenge - Animal Theme

As a former teacher, one of my favorite things to do in order to prepare my class for the new students is to decorate it. I like using bright colors and to through in a few animals here and there. Well, I'm not teaching anymore but I do have a few friends who are. I made this for my friend, Joyce, who teaches 2nd grade.

Materials used and how I made it:
Paper: This was from a paper pack I had bought at Big Lots a few years ago. It looks like a chalk board and down at the bottom are books.
Teddy Bear: I cut this little cutie at 10 inches from the Teddy Bear Parade Cricut catridge. So adorable!
Apple and Worm: These little darlins' are from the Create A Critter cartridge. I cut them at 4 inches.
To make this sturdy, I glued it to a 12 x 12 piece of medium weight chip board. On the back, I put 6 squares of foam adhesive that I left the paper on. This way, all she needed to do is peel it off and stick int onto her door. She loved it!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a sun shiny day.
Hugs,
Kimberly

2 comments:

  1. Love your bear & the chalk board background. I see why your friend loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too cute for words-what a thoughtful friend you are!

    ReplyDelete