Sunday, September 29, 2013

Getting inspired and trying to do it all

As far back as I can remember, I was creating something whether it be making something from play dough, painting, coloring, sketching, photography well you get the idea, right? There was a short time, while my boys were still very young, that I did not have the time but yearned to get back into the "World of Creating". Today, I am in the position to be able to create, my boys are grown up (mostly) and my husband is beginning to understand how crafting is my therapy.  I go into my craft room, turn my music on, surf through youtube, Pinterest and Etsy, to get inspired, and create. I can't say it's cheaper than paying for a therapist because of my buying everything (almost) that I see, but it is certainly more enjoyable.
Now, there is a point to this blog entry. It's really me needing to get your opinion and/or advise on how to stay focused on projects. I have so many in my project file that I don't know where to begin. I started out scrapbooking then moved on to card making. I still scrapbook once a month and make cards for freinds and family. I was curious about mixed media so I took a class and loved it. Now I want to do more. I started a painting using water color pencils just because I'd never used them before but it's not finished. I was asked to sell my creations at a fundraiser for my son's high school and decided just to do scrapbook mini albums. Well, here I am doing decorative jars, altered boxes, etc. The problem is I like doing it all. Can we do it all? I do find myself getting frustrating. I would love to get your feedback.
Hugs,
Kimberly

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Kimberly,
    Well I read your piece multiple times and you know I loved every word you wrote. I really feel that what you are experiencing is something that is to be expected.
    I truly feel you complete probably more projects in a given month than anyone out there and this includes me. My thoughts are you have so many fun things that
    you do that it’s only natural to dabble here and there and have unfinished project but to me you are never behind or not accomplishing certain things because they
    are either in the works or wonder ideas that you’ve come up with to see them created at some point and time. I think that your videos definitely have put you in a
    situation where you actually complete more projects than if you didn’t make videos. You are very passionate and really talented at everything you do. You also shouldn’t
    forget how much joy and inspiration you give to not only me but thousand of gals out there. You are a very special gal and God smiles down upon you daily because you
    are doing what he wishes you to do and that’s sharing your loving and kinds words and also sharing your God given talents and don’t forget you are a gal who also teaches
    patience, perseverence through your actions and words. so my suggestion is just keep doing what you are doing the way you are doing it and you will be just fine.
    I just want to add also why not bring one of your paintings to a video and share with us what you do and how you go about doing it then just say when it is completed you’ll share.

    I adore you Kimberly you are such a wonderful gal as a wife, mom, daughter and friend. I feel so blest that I found you on you tube and that I do get to spend time with you.
    God truly works in mysterious ways and I love how he blesses me minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day and year after year and you are one of my many blessings.

    Big Hugs,



    ReplyDelete