Friday, September 20, 2013

Fall Home Decor - Candy Jar

What's the Fall Season without a little candy corn? Here is another product I've made for the High School Holiday Boutique Fundraiser. I've been wanting to try and make something with jars for such a long time. Please take a moment to watch how I've made them on youtube.com/sunshinecreation. If you're interested in purchasing one ($7.00) just leave a comment and I'll get back to you.

Materials:
Mason Jar: I purchased them at Beverly's.
Corn husk: Cut at approximately 2 inches with pinking shears both top and bottom. I then adhered them with 2 inch thick score tape that was wrapped around the middle of the jar.
Burlap: The burlap was cut at about 1 1/2 inches. I put score tape on the inside and wrapped it around the corn husk.
Raffia: The raffia was cut at about 18 inches, wrapped around the burlap then tied in a knot.
Flower: Inside the lid of the jar is a flower that I used Modge Podge on to stiffen it. I then cut it around the pedals.
Tag: Recollections tag. I distress inked it with Tim Holtz tea die and peeled paint. The scare crow, pumpkin and Autumn stamp is an Inkadinkadoo . I used Copic markers then score taped a strip of burlap on the bottom.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a sun shiny day.
Hugs,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment