Thursday, August 8, 2013

Just A Scrappin Design Team Challenge - Celebrate A New Family Addition

Here's this week's Just-A-Scrappin Design Team Challenge. We've been asked to create a card or layout to celebrate a new family member using pastels.

The (5 1/2 x 4) white card base is from Recollections. I used a very light pink ink and rubbed it on the Cuttlebug border embossing folder before I ran it through The Big Shot. As you can see, I embossed the left and right edges. It was helpful to use craft tape to hold the embossing folder down.

The "Welcome To The World" and Onesie is from a Fiskars Stamp set. I stamped it on DCWV designer paper then cut it out by hand. On the back of the onesie I applied score tape where I put the ribbon and clamped on the tiny clothes pin. At the bottom of the onesie, on the back, I put a small pop dot to prevent it from flopping around the card. The ribbon length was about 4 inches. About 2 inches down from the top of the card I punch 2 holes using my paper piercer but making sure the hole was large enough to string the ribbon through. I would suggest using eyelets in these holes to make them more stable. I then inserted the 2 ends of the ribbon into the holes. On the inside of the card, to cover the ribbon that was pulled through, I adhered 2 very small (1/8 inch circles) over the ribbon.

Here it is:







1 comment:

  1. This is so adorable-love that you emboss the edges like that, and the onesie is adorable-great job!

    ReplyDelete