Thursday, July 25, 2013

Just-A-Scrappin Design Team Challenge - Layout

Hi there! For this week's Just-A-Scrappin Design team challenge we had to create a layout celebrating our families that include our favorite colors, use a bit of distress ink and our favorite embellishment. 
My favorite colors are yellow and green but those colors weren't in any of my photos. I tend to look at the colors in my pictures then decide what colors to use. It just so happens that I love the grey and red color combination too! One of the techniques I often use the tearing technique on my layouts that are camping themed. I did this both on the red layer and the photo mats. I distress and inked the photo mats. Brads have to be one of my favorite embellishments so I put them on the corners of each photo. I really enjoyed this week's challenge. If you'd like to see how I created it just visit 
youtube.com/sunshinecreation
Here's how I did it...
12 x 12 Bazzill Grey carstock
           This was the base of the layout
12 x 12 Red Designer paper (unknown) in which I used my Fiskars tearing ruler.
            This was the top layer
           
Creative Imaginations Basics 101 with campers on it
          I cut a strip off the 12 x 12 page.
12 x 12 basic white card stock
          I cut a mat 1/4 bigger than each picture. Distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz distressing tool then
          inked the edges with my Tim Holtz weathered wood
Brads
          On each photo I placed brads (from Oriental Trading) on each corner of the picture.
Embellishments:
          I had a few camping themed stickers left over from a layout I had done years ago (unknown name).
          I mounted each sticker on a piece of chip board.
Journaling
          I typed my journaling and cut them in strips.
Thanks all for stopping by! Have a sun shiny day!
Kimberly

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the scrapbook page, Kim. All the design elements came together nicely. And I too like the color combination red and grey =) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout! I am so glad that you added journaling- too many LO's I see have nothing to tell you the 5 W's, which is one of the primary reasons we scrapbook! Looks like a great time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete