Friday, June 7, 2013

Trinket Box Antique Purse

This was a fun project to do. I used acrylic paint giving it texture with a sponge, lace trim, bling and flowers. To hear/see a better description on how it was made visit www.youtube.com/sunshinecreation.
The wood box was purchased at Michael's Craft Store. I used  bright pink, light pink and brown acrylic paint on the side, bottom applying it with a sponge brush and sponge. Using score tape on the edge of the front of the box I applied the lace trim. The K & Co. paper was applied with Tombo glue. I then added the Recollections bling, flower and Prima flower as well. Once it was all put together I inked the edges with Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink.
Thanks for stopping by and have a sun shiny day.
Kimberly

2 comments:

  1. Very nice trinket box antique purse. I have not tried to paint anything yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started, years ago, by taking a watercolor class and have done several paintings. I saw this purse at Michael's and thought I'd give it a try with some acrylics. I have a friend who owns a copy center and asked if I wanted to sell my cards there. I put out about 6 purses of different design and they all sold! Fun, right?

      Delete