Monday, March 4, 2013

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #89 - Tasty Treats

My Craft Spot has a challenge today that I think this card might be a good one. So, here it is.

Supplies:
Colorbok card stock (Walmart) for the card base and the white (Layer 3)
DCWV Sweet Treats (Stripped Layer 1)
DCWV Shimmer (Pink Layer 2)
Fiskars 2 inch scallop punch
Quick Cards Birthday Cake and Happy Birthday stamp
Ribbon (from Remember When Scrapbook)
Pearl Pens
Momento Black Ink
Momento Pink Ink
EK Success Scallop punch
Gelly Roll pens

How to:
The card base was cut at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
The stripped layer was cut at 5 x 3 3/4
The pink shimmer paper (layer 2) was cut at 3 1/2 x 3 1/2
The white (layer 3) was cut at 3 1/4 x 3 1/4.
I place a border from the scallop punch near the bottom cut at 1 inch by 5 1/2.
On top of that layer I place the pink and green ribbon.
I then stamped the cake and colored it with Gelly Roll pens (white, orange, green, pink)
I stamped the senitment on a scallop punch and inked the edges then coloring in the words with the gelly roll pen.
The last addition was using a pink frost Pearl pen and putting a dot on each corner of the white paper. Keep in mind this takes a while to dry.

Thanks so much for stopping by. If you have any questions just leave a comment and I'll get back to you.

Hugs,
Kimberly

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! The color combo is so pretty and I love the two toned ribbon! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that ribbon adorable? I can only get it at my local craft store (Remember When Scrapbooking). It sells out really fast especially this time of the year. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. So pretty! That ribbon is gorgeous! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete