Thursday, March 7, 2013

Just-A-Scrappin Design Team Challenge - Sew & Stitch

My card for the Just-A-Scrappin Design team challenge this week was one that I had made last year for Mother's Day. I had just bought my Sew Easy from HSN and had to try it. This stitch is a simple one but it looks so cute on the card. I do have a sewing maching but it's busy collecting dust under my desk right now. My mom gave it to me years ago and I just haven't taken the time to get it out and figure out how it works. Some day...

Supplies:
Bazzill Gold card stock .
Layer 1 ~ K & Co. (Susan Winget design) paper pack
Recollections ~ Mum
Recollections ~ button brad
Shrinky Dink with Hero Arts "Happy Mother's Day" stamp
Sew Easy ~ with gold thread
Martha Stewart ~ punch
Fiskars Scallop Punch
StazOn Black ink

How to:
Cut the card base at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
K & Co. layer 1 5 1/4 x 4
Cut a 1 3/4 x 5 1/2 of paper from the back side of K&Co.
Use the Martha Stewart punch only on one side
Use th Sew Easy to stitch and sew all the way across.
Use the 1 inch Fiskars scallop punch on a piece of shrinky dink. Stamp the sentiment, punch a small hole at the top and use your heat embosser to shrink it down. Insert the brad.
Use ScorTape to adhere the flower.


1 comment:

  1. This turned out great-definitely give this to your Mom this year, she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete