Thursday, February 28, 2013

Just A Scrappin Design Team Challenge - Teddy Bears

Hi all! Have you ever had a moment where your creative juices weren't quite flowin'? Well, for this challenge that was simply the case. I started with the idea in my head and just had the most difficult time putting it all together. Hey, but I didn't give up! I will punch a hole on the left and right side at the top and pull some ribbon through it. It'll hang on my door very nicely.

Supplies:
12 x 12 Chip board (Joanns)
12 x 12 White Colorbok card stock
Coordinations card stock in green, yellow/gold and orange
Gold foil paper
Green glitter paper (Coordinations)
White Gel Pen
Green glitter
Glue pen
Cricut Cartridges: Teddy Bear Parade, Simply Charming, Designer's Calendar, Elegant Edges, Create A Critter 2
Ribbon: crinkle ribbon
Glubers: Cool stuff that I'm going to try and do a tutorial on. This was for the rolled flowers. I couldn't figure out where to put an quilling embellishments so I did the rolled flowers.

First, I glued the white card stock onto the chip board. I cut the black frame edges from Elegant  Edges (pg 43). I used my Gypsy to cut this at 11.65 x 1.00.
All the Teddy Bear pieces were cut at 10 inches. On the eyes I used a white gel pen as well as the pant legs, bow tie and boots. I hand traced the lapel of the jacket and manually cut it. Otherwise it would have been green and blended in. That's just how the cartridge is. I used a glue pen around the edges of the lapel and added Martha Stewart glitter.
I cut the out the pot and rainbow at 3 inches (pg. 33) of Simply Charmed then cut the rainbow stripes. Layer 1 in yellow/gold, then two cuts of layer 2 in green and one in orange. This was the first time I'd made this cute little pot. It was a little confusing at first. The "lucky" word was cut out at one inch from Simply Charming (pg. 32). I used a black gel pen to add the face.
I used a small circle punch for the gold that's in the pot. They are made of gold foil paper.
The four leaf clover on his nose (cut at 1 inch) and the one under the "Happy St. Patricks Day" (cut at 3 inches) was from green glitter card stock. I used Designer's Calendar.
The "Happy St. Patricks Day" was cut at 2 inches. It's from the Create A Critter 2 cartridge. First I cut the Phrase in black then the "St. Patricks" in green.
I placed the four rolled flowers on each of the corners. I have a BUNCH of ribbon but believe it or not did not have a bright green that went well the the color scheme.
All in all it turned out cute. 
If you have any questions just leave a comment and thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Kimberly


5 comments:

  1. Hello Kimberly
    So adorable perfect way to bring in St.Patrick's Day
    I think you did a great job TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annmarie. How can you lose from making something from the Teddy Bear Parade cartridge, right? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is SOOOOO adorable! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Just to clarify, It's a wall decoration. I actually have it hanging outside on my front door.

      Delete
  3. great bear & flowers. Nice wall decoration for St. Patty's day.

    Just a Scrappin' DT

    ReplyDelete