Thursday, February 7, 2013

Just-A-Scrappin Design Team Challenge - Love Is In The Air

This week, for the Just-A-Scrappin Design Team challenge is "Love is in the Air. Use lots of hearts". I'm "killing two birds with one stone" here. I was inspired to create this card not only for the design team challenge but Card Maker magazine (CMM) also has monthly challenges as well. Now, CMM was challenging the readers to do a card with Octagons on it...huh? Out of the...cough...cough...many (we'll just say "many") Cricut cartridges I have NOT ONE had an octagon cut. I could only find it on George Basic Shapes, which surprising enough, I do not have. So, I got out my graph paper and cut my own.
The card base is from Recollections in which I layered it with a pre-embossed paper that I had bought at JoAnns last year. It was a scrap so I don't know the manufacturer. I cut a 3 x 5  1/2 inch strip of white paper and punched it down both sides. I then used my hand made octagon and traced it on pink card stock then on some Martha Steward heart designed paper. I found the most adorable heart embellishments at Walmart and put several of them on each of the Octagons. I like the Live, Love, Laugh sentiment. It's a stamp set I've had for a long time and have almost worn it out.



3 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the design and embossing. Oh and those cute little hearts really bring it all together. Awesome job on your challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny how I came upon those hearts. Walmart had them. I grabbed it off the shelf and thought, "I have no idea what I'm going to do with these." They were just too cute.

      Delete
  2. Love your card-and isn't it nice to achieve two things at once? So pretty!

    ReplyDelete