Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cardz TV Crafty Cards Challenge #126 - Make A Wish

Hi all! I'm having so much fun entering my creations in Mary's Cardz TV blog (cardztv.blogspot.com). I really love her stamps and hopefully will win one this time.



 
 
Supplies:
Recollections pre-scored card stock 5 1/2 x 4.
DCWV Brown Shimmer cut at 5 1/2 x 4
DCWV The Sweet Stack
Recollections Yellow and Green paper
White Gel Pen
Quilling Paper
Recollections Bling
Ofray Ribbon
Cricut Cartridge Celebrations
Stamp Set (?)
 
The pre-scored Recollections card stock really comes in handy. I cut the DCWV brown shimmer the same size. Then I cut the DCWV Sweet Stack at 5 1/4 x 3 3/4 and layered that on top of the brown.
I cut a piece of pink ribbon (from my stash) and green with white dot ribbon (Offray) about 4 1/2 inches long and wrapped it around the DCWV Sweet Stack right near the top. The lable comes from Lacey Lables Cricut cartridge cut at 2 inches with a yellow base then a pink layer. I stamped "Happy Birthday" using a stamp set from Fiskars (?). I have the stamp for a long time. The cupcake was cut at 3 inches in green as the cupcake bottom and yellow as the cupcake frosting. I added square pink bling and used my quilling technique (roll) to make the faux chocolate chips. The cherry is red quilling paper using the roll technique but a bit bigger. I wrapped the same green with white polk a dots ribbon around the bottom of the cupcake and faux stitched it.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Kimberly




6 comments:

  1. Love cupcake cards! Thanks for playing with us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Lezlye! Makes me want to go makes some...lol..

      Delete
  2. Like your sweet embellished cupcake bday card. I host a wkly challenge at Mark's Finest Papers Simple Salutations. This wk the challenge is Anything Goes Card with a sentiment. Membership in MFP is free. Please join, enter & let them know I sent you.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP SS Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done and embellished well, thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Sweet! Thanks for joining us over at the CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet card kimberly :) cant go wrong with cupcakes :) thanks for sharing with us at ccc :)

    ReplyDelete