Thursday, January 17, 2013

Just A Scrappin Design Team Challenge - Snowflakes Are Falling

Here is another project for the Just-A-Scrappin Design team challenge. This week it's " Snowflakes are falling.   Make a card, LO or project with lots of snowflakes.  Use stickles, glitter or anything that shiny." 

Before you see this layout, I have to share the story behind it....January 2, 2011 (my birthday) it was freezing cold and raining. Keep in mind I live in sunny Southern California where in the summer it can get up to 110 degrees. There were no weather predictions of snow at all. As we drove home from my birthday dinner, up the hill,  I said to my husband, "Gosh, that looks like it's snow on our windshield." And it was. It snowed and snowed and snowed for 2 days. Truly, the best birthday present EVER! All our neighbors joined us outside and we had a massive snowball fight, made snowmen and froze our butts off. We are skiers so we had the right clothing but most everyone else were wearing socks on their hands instead of mittens! It was a blast and so, so beautiful.












The base of the paper is from DCWV paper stack. The embellishments are from my local craft store (Remember When Scrapbooking). I placed a light blue ribbon 3/4 way down the page and layered it with a white ball ribbon. At the bottom is Bazzill card stock cut about 4 inches in height and stamped with white snowflakes using white Momento ink. I used an EK Success snowflake punch on white glitter paper. The font "snowball fight" is from Don Juan Cricut cartridge. I layered it with blue on the bottom and white on top. 


8 comments:

  1. great layout wow can't believe it snowed the last time i remember snow in the bay area I was around 8 years old( lol so long ago )
    Loved all your colors and the cute snowman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annmarie. It was a freaky thing to have it snow here. We live right next to Magic Mountain. Fires, snow, wind, rain, extreme heat. We get it all.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful layout-great story to preserve in a scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly what a great layout. I love the colors and embellishments. I agree, a fabulous story. I am glad you were able to preserve this precious memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part of your layout has to be the pom ribbon on the blue.

    If you need some snow, let me know....I'm in Maine, we have PLENTY to spare :)

    Great layout!!

    TFS
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bridget: I've been to Maine a few times but only during the Spring. Beautiful state! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. awesome layout and what a fun layout.

    ReplyDelete