Thursday, January 10, 2013

Just A Scrappin Design Team Challenge - New Technique

Hello everyone! 
I've been thinking about making (or trying to make) a pop up card then I got the email from Patti (just-a-scrappin.blogspot.com) for this week's design team challenge and thought what a perfect opportunity.


This week's challenge is: to "try a new technique" - make a card, LO or project using a new technique or style of card that you have not done before.
Example: Sewing, stamping, quilling, paper folding, etc.



I started with a pre-scored white Recollections card base. After folding it over I marked 2 1/8 inch from the left then right side of the card. From there I cut a 1 inch slit then inside popped it up. 
The top layer (k&i Company bought at JoAnns last year) was cut the exact size of the card (5 1/2 x 4). Then I cut a 5 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch strip of the red heart embossed (Elsie) paper and wrapped a piece of black "net"...can't think of the name of the darn thing...tied a knot and placed a K&Co. chipboard heart on it. 
Inside I put another K&Co chipboard heart on the pop up part. I used a rub on "Happy Valentines Day" that I had in my Valentine's stash. I'm not sure what the name brand is. 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Kimberly

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Kimberly! Love the pop up card. I have never made a pop up card either. And what a great idea for a Valentine's Day. Love the cute heart in the center. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another technique for me to try! Thank you for showing how easy it is, and your card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card! I like pop-ups. I might be able to do this one. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched a few youtube videos and chose this one because it was the easiest. There's a lot of different techniques. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year and also Happy belated birthday. I love the card I have been working on the pop up cards I guess just gonna take more practice lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a great day! Yes, it took me a few tries as well. Youtube really helped out.

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for giving me the incentive I need to try one of these cards! I have never made a pop up card but it's on my to-do list now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it and how it turned out. There are a lot of designs out there that I found on youtube. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete