Thursday, August 2, 2012

Just A Scrapping "Animals" design team 1 Challenge

Well, the camping gear is put away and we're trying to get back into some kind of a routine. Three days on the American River (Sacramento, CA) and an 8 hour drive home can really be draining. If you have an opportunity to go white water rafting you should go. It's so much fun.

So, here's my project for the Just A Scrappin "Animals" Design Team 1 project. Enjoy!
This card was created by using a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 cream colored card stock. The first layer is a scrap I had cut at 5 1/4 x 4. I then cut a 2 1/4 x 4 piece of cream colored card stock, embossed it with a Sizzix dotted swiss foler and inked the dots and edges with Tim Holtz "Tea Dye" embossing ink. The dark brown rick rack was also a scrap (love to use up my scraps) cut at 4 inches. I used score tape to adhere it down. I popped up a 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 piece of dark brown (yep, scrap again. I stamped a kitty with a Recollections stamp set I bought at Michaels and used Copic markers to color him. Oh, forgot to mention I inked the edges. Now, look carefully at the buttons...these are actually not buttons. They are from punches I bought through Oriental Trading. They are the best invention I've discovered in my scrapping days. I can make buttons from any type of paper I have! Here's a close up. Fun, right?
Here's what the punches look like.
Thanks all for stopping by and I hope you have a sun shiny day!

10 comments:

  1. So, I am the crazy cat lady and a little biased when it comes to cats, but this card RULES!!! I absolutely love this stamp as it reminds me of my cat Caramel.

    I also love that you went "out of the box" in using the button punches. It's so cool to see buttons in a different way.

    TFS,
    Bridget
    CrazyCatLadyCraft.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cats too but my dogs consume my life at this point. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. Great card! I'm gonna hafta look at the OTC catalogs a little more thoroughly-I missed those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a Scrapbooking magazine and party magazine. I find myself flipping through quickly but I just happen to see these. It's sure going to save on the purchase of buttons. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. This is a cute card... I love the background papers... and that cat is has his own personatlity! Love it!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, super cute card! I agree with Jo, you cat is just to coooool for words =) Nicely done with the button punches. This way you will never run out of buttons.

    Keia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keia and Jo. Working with the copic markers are one of my favorite things to do. Agree that I'll never run out of buttons! Thank you for taking the time for leaving such nice compliments.

      Delete
  5. VERY Cute card. I love the punches! You used some interesting mixtures of textures. Made everything stand out. Where can I get those punches?
    Marye Bird
    passionaltycrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Mayre. I came across the punches in the Oriental Trading Scrapbooking magazine. Aren't they so cute?

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute i also love the punches don't you just love Oriental Trading so much for your dollar.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete