Thursday, August 16, 2012

Just A Scrappin Design Team 1 "Teacher" challenge

My idea was to try and make it look like a chalk board but as I got into creating it I used something different. Below is the card I made that is supposed to look like a chalk board.
I used one of my very favorite Cricut cartridges "Simply Charmed". In addition, here's the down low on how I created this card.
Card base: Recollections 5 1/2 x 4 white
Layer 1: 5 1/2 x 4 Merigold Bazill
Layer 2: 5 1/4 x 3 3/4 Colobok Textured Black
Layer : 3 1/2 x 5 1/24 Recollections scrapbooking pencil paper then I used a Martha Stewart punch on the bottom.
"Lined Paper w/ face: Simply Charmed cut at 3 inches. The cartridges cuts small tic lines so I went in a a fine tip pencil and made it with a bit more color.
"Thank You": I had actually made this card for a friend of mine for her son's teacher back in May so, as I fumbled through my ...clearing my throat.....more than 40 cartridge manuals I could not for the life of me remember which one I used. I have the Cricut Sheet as well (if you don't have this GET IT) and still couldn't find it...sorry.
String: I fudged a little and used the string instead of ribbon.
Apple: Red glitter paper using a apple punch.
To finish it off I went around the edge of the black paper and did a faux stitch.

Have a sun shiny day everyone and thanks for stopping by!
Kimberly

10 comments:

  1. I love this card! I would love to receive a card like this. You did a great job on this.
    Marye Bird
    passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marye. As a former teacher, I would have loved to get a card as well.

      Delete
  2. Adorable! I love the happy face on the paper! :-) (And I agree, the Cricut Cheat Sheets are amazing.. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all the detail on the card. Every little element really made the card stand out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everytime I look at different blogs I learn something-I didn't know that Simply Charmed had the paper image! You might want to try www.mycutsearch.com to look up images-it's been a lifesaver for me! (is the cart "Just a Note?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      I do access mycutsearch.com quite often but find that they are not 100% current. But how could they be...new cartridges are coming out every week. All in all it's been VERY helpful. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  5. Hi Kim

    Your cards are adorable! My email crashed and I lost all of my email address's. I need Patty's address to send in my project can you help please.

    Thanks Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim
    I loved your card especially the happy little face. I know a lot of teachers who would love to recieve something handmade that truly came from the heart of a parent that is greatful for all the hard work in a classroom Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete