Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Birthday & Congrats Card

I got a call from a friend that needed a birthday card for his brother but wanted it to also be  a congrats card for being 17 years sober. This one really challenged me, as masculine cards always do, but once I finished I was happy with it. I tried giving it a rustic look. Inside I included a short sentiment that he created. It went something like "Happy Birthday bro...congrats on 17 years of being sober..." He was happy with the card too. Ah, another satisfied customer and just think I had fun while working!

I used a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch craft card stock. I found the rust dotted paper in "The Guy" DCWV paper stack and used Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge to shape the layer. I had some scraps (love usin' my scraps) so I incorporated those. The stamp is from Pebbles, the brads are from Oriental Trading and then I tied it with some light brown twine. Here is the Pubbles stamp set I was referring to.
Hope you enjoy and have a sun shiny day!
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment