Saturday, June 30, 2012

Just A Scrappin' DT 1 - 4th of July Challenge

Happy 4th of July Everyone! Here in our suburban California neighborhood we all go out into the streets with our portable bar-b-ques, potluck, play football (well I dont' play football)...At 9:00 p.m. the city puts on the most amazing fireworks show. It's alot of fun.

Here is my card for the "4th of July" Challenge for July. I created this on a 5 1/2 x 4 inch Recollections pre-scored cream colored card stock. The tan colored craft card stock was cut 5 1/2 x 3, embossed with the Cuttlebug Stars Folder then the edges are inked with Versa Magic Night Sky. I used an Ek Success punch on the bottom. The red, white, blue and green paper comes from the DCWV Americana paperstack. I bought this last year. It's cut at 5 1/2 x 3 also but tucked under the top layer. I bought ribbon from Remember When Scrapbooking last night. It's similar to hem ribbon. The Hero Arts "Celebrate" stamp was heat embossed with Judikins Red embossing power. Last, the sticks for the pin wheels are tiny dowels from Michaels. I inked them with Versa Mark Red Magic and Night Sky. The pin wheels were made from a 1 inch x 1 inch square and held together by a Recollections white star. This was a really fun card to make. I hope you all enjoy!
Have a sun shiny day...Kimberly

15 comments:

  1. Kimberly, you and I are thinking the same thing...July 4th and pinwheels. Nice job with color choices, the pop of yellow adds to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pinwheels and embossing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very nice! I love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim Love your work very pretty card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for stopping by to comment. Much appreciated! Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is adorable. I love the pinwheels and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this card....those pinwheels are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh such a fun card! I love the pinwheels!!!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the windmills and the textured paper. Did you texture it or was it that way already? This will be fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a cuttlebug embossing folder that I used for the stars. I had looking for this folder for a long time then I walked into Michaels Craft store a few weeks ago and there it was. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Those pinwheels are just adorable!! What a great idea!

    Blessings,
    Melitta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been wanting to use pin wheels on a project for a long time. What's so great is that you can make them from 1-12 inches big. Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  11. I love the pinwheels. I can not believe they are dowels though, what a neat idea. I thought you had rolled paper or lollipop sticks. New idea to stick away in memory.

    I also love how you only attached the ribbon to the top layer.

    Great card. TFS
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought about using the white plastic stir sticks for the pinwheels but the white didn't look right with the rest of the colors. I bet they could be painted too. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim i love your design the pinwheels take me back to my childhood.

    ReplyDelete